Friday, February 22, 2008

Come On Baby, Light My Fire

Alright now, it’s not very often that a dame hits on me in a pub and today happened to be one of those rare days. I was standing at the bar and this chick was totally checking me out (she was, seriously). And she was the kinds that I really dig, short hair, nerd glasses (I really really have thing for women with nerd glasses). So anyway, she hit the dance floor with a friend and boy I had steam coming out of my ears. All the while that she was dancing she was giving me "The Looks". She was so damn hot that she could make a devil sweat! Then she put cig in her mouth and started walking towards me.
She-“Could you light it for me please”
Me-‘Sure thing’
Okay J boy, this is going to be easy. This is your day. Now I really take pride in my collection of Zippos and the one I was carrying today was JD (Jack Daniel) collector’s edition. I whipped out the Zippo out of the pocket like the cowboy whips out his gun.I Opened the cover with my thumb, bought the Zippo to her cig and rolled my fingers over and------- nothing, no flame. Its okay things happen- stay cool. I did it again and----- bzzzzzz and whosshhh. It flickered and went off. I couldn’t figure out if her bloody Mary was more red or my face. What the fuck!. I did it again and again------ no luck.

“Forget it sweetheart, you can’t light my fire!”

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! JD, JD- Et tu, JD?.

Its okay JD boy, I still love you and here is my ode to JD from ‘Scent of a woman’-

Lt. Col. Frank Slade:I want it wall to wall John Daniels.
Charlie Simms: Don't you mean Jack, sir?
Lt. Col. Frank Slade: He may be Jack to you but when you've known him as long as I have...

Now what I am trying to figure out is which is more embarrassing incident- This one or the one I had when I was 10 – 12 years old. I had this huge crush on my teacher (incidentally she also had short hair and glasses). She was teaching something I was staring at her like a lost puppy. Now as it is I have dopey eyes and I look lost even when I am not, so you can imagine how it is like when I am really lost. Everything else was oblivious to me , the blackboard, the kids around, what she was saying, everything. She was teaching history but she might have be teaching maths and would not have noticed. Anyways, she moved toward me and extended her hand and I just held her hand and she goes…”Er, J, I was asking for the book”.
*Huge uproar* and I wake up -“Sorry ma’am”- *still holding her hand*.
She-“My hand, and please pass the book”
Me- “Oh! Sorry”- *left her hand and passed the book*
She- “Thanks” and smiles.
Awwwwwwwwwwwww ! And I was lost again.

7 comments:

B said...

heh heh.

Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

What is it with guys and their first crushes with their school teachers?! Btw, neither of the incidents were embarrassing. Someday u'll look back at them and laugh...maybe u r laughing already. Cheers!

Djinn said...

Priyanka : Oh Absolutely! I have mastered the art of laughing at myself and as for crushes on school teachers- it’s strange, I had crush on this teacher with short hair and glasses and ever since I have thing for women with glasses and short hair. It has just stayed with me!

Ze Team said...

The chick sounds darn interesting, eh!
Better luck with the girls, next time. No one can't stay angry at JD, it just doesn't cut it!

Djinn said...

Sake: She was,, oh no! I see what u getting at,, no no,, no ways,, I am ain't letting her respond to your application.* gives the joey look*

Ze Team said...

Hee hee, you really caught me there.
*Gives the Rachel grin*

Pinku said...

hey!

both incidents were super cute....especially the teacher...
as for the gal in the disc u should have said something witty to counter thats all.